Thu, 28 August 2014
There he is, our Lord and Savior: Minor League Guy! Everything we do -- including this episode -- we do in his name.
Here's what we've got:
- The open (0:00-3:15)
- Your crazy emails (3:55-25:30)
- The baseball talk! (29:30-51:52)
- Musical advice x 2: (52:45-1:05:10)
- The week(s) in review: Puig Destroyer stuff and Ian's vacation rundown. We won't be hurt if you skip this part. (1:05:10-1:13:20)
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Wed, 6 August 2014
Quick show before both of us take off for vacation and/or work. Please consume and enjoy!
- Open: Managing expectations (0:00-4:04)
- Emails: Short, sweet, and very good. (You guys, not us.) (4:51-20:33)
- Baseball talk: (27:10-49:26)
- Music and baseball question: "having a" vs. "playing" catch and what goes into sequencing an album? (50:15-1:02:25)
- Puig Destroyer non-updates and TTFN! (1:02:25-1:09:40)
Direct download: PRODcast_90_-_Theres_a_Base_at_the_End_of_This.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 2:59 AM
Wed, 30 July 2014
Yes, we've run out of player numbers to reference. But we've made up for it with a really solid podcast. Read on...
- The open (0:00-7:15)
- Your emails (8:08-30:13)
- The musical-baseball human guest: Doug Miller of MLB.com (35:35-1:03:55)
- Baseball talk! (1:04:40-1:31:25)
- Bye! (1:31:25-1:32:41)
Wed, 23 July 2014
Ice is back with a brand-new invention: PRODcast 88!
- Open (0:00-3:30)
- Emails (4:05-28:50)
- Baseball things (34:10-1:04:10)
- Musical advice but not really: Gilead Fest/tour recap, and Bob Uecker: An Appreciation (1:04:50-1:17:30)
Direct download: PRODcast_88_-_Hello_We_Ordered_A_Frank_Thomas_and_Got_A_Kyle_Blanks_Instead.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 2:46 AM
Wed, 9 July 2014
Dan Otero was literally just claimed off waivers and then released. Oh, look -- it happened again! Whoops, the A's just claimed and released him. Look it up. It's true!
Here is our show for the week of 7/7/2014. We hope you enjoy it!
- Open. If we all wish real hard, Dan Otero will become a real boy! (0:00-5:37)
- Emails. Crazy people, the lot of you. (6:20-25:38)
- Combination musical and baseballish guest: Josh Kantor (26:22-46:26)
- Baseball things (46:48-1:16:12)
- What's next: a brief KWC tour and a fond farewell (for now) (1:16:12-1:20:00)
EPISODE ERRATA, Ruben Rivera edition
Direct download: PRODcast_87_-_Dan_Otero_Was_Just_Claimed_Off_Waivers.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 1:56 AM
Wed, 2 July 2014
Hello! A short, sweet, guest-free episode for you this week, with baseball, musical advice, and #TRASHDICK for everyone!
- Open (0:00-3:20)
- Emails (4:00-23:50)
- Musical guest: CONVERGE (24:35-32:25)
- Baseball talk: (32:25-58:25)
- Musical advice: What do you think about, and how do you approach/interpret your recorded performances? (59:10-1:08:08)
- Puig Destroyer update and KWC tour (1:08:08-1:11:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_86_-_Not_a_single_baseball_player_has_ever_worn_this_number.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 2:56 AM
Wed, 25 June 2014
PRODcast 85 is dedicated to our two patron saints, Lastings Milledge and Tony La Russa. May they both bless you and keep you and may their lights shine upon you forever.
Here's how 85 breaks down:
- Open (0:00-8:00)
- Your wacky emailz (8:45-30:45)
- Human guest: Melissa Lockard of OaklandClubhouse.com (34:00-55:00)
- The baseball things (55:50-1:18:55)
- Puig Destroyer updates (1:21:30-1:26:15)
- Goodbye and thank you for listening!
Direct download: PRODcast_85_-_In_retrospect_Lastings_Milledge_might_have_had_some_makeup_issues.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:54 AM
Wed, 18 June 2014
Short and sweet this week, kids. Bing bang boom. Still no shortage of great #content, with our unique based ball inight accompanied by the mellifluous strains of ILLUSTRATIONS.
- The open: memories of a young, portly Prince, enveloped in Zubazity. (0:00-4:05)
- The emails. Y'all crazy. (4:40-22:55)
- The baseball things: (26:26-50:20)
- Musical advice: what the hell is Ian's problem with Guided by Voices, and the fine line of fidelity (51:00-1:00:00)
- Puig Destroyer updates and TTFN (1:00:00-1:03:02)
Wed, 11 June 2014
Super excited for this one, which is basically just Riley and Ian talking for almost 2 hours about how great Eric Gagne was.
Nah, just kidding, the was a giant tool! But we do have other great stuff for you, including:
- The open (0:00-5:23)
- The emails (5:51-29:31)
- The musical guest: FUCKED UP. (30:10-33:45)
- The human guest: Justin Halpern (33:45-1:04:13)
- The baseball stuff: (1:04:47-1:38:52)
- The li'l KWC tour report (1:39:30-1:47:36)
See you next week!
Direct download: PRODcast_83_-_What_was_Eric_Gagnes_deal_anyway.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 1:58 AM
Wed, 28 May 2014
John. Paul. Lazor. You can only DREAM of having a name that awesome!
Today's show is dedicated to his illustrious name and lackluster career. It goes like this.
- The open, wherein we talk about stuff (0:00-4:00)
- The emails, wherein we read yours (4:45-34:35)
- Baseball things! (38:10-1:07:30)
- Musical advice: Starting a baseball-themed band. Hmm, I think we might have some advice for you! (1:08:05-1:17:35)
- Up next/goodbye. (1:17:35-1:23:36) Thanks for listening!
Direct download: PRODcast_82_-_Johnny_Lazor_-_Superhero_Pornstar_or_Crappy_Baseballer.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:12 AM