Wed, 16 April 2014
We made a thing and put it inside a cat and shot it out onto the internet!
Also, this (via The Big Lead):
But the show!
- Open (0:00-3:37)
-Baseball stuff: (48:40-1:14:55)
- Musical advice question: The necessary evil of band names (1:15:30-
- KWC show debrief and other stuff (1:23:30-1:29:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_76_-_Mike_Koploves_Olympic_Bronze_Medal_Is_Probably_for_Sale.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 2:00 AM
Wed, 9 April 2014
We're back to a weekly schedule because baseball is back! The Lord giveth and then she taketh away, or something.
In other, less painful (we hope) audio news, here is a prawncats!
- The open (0:00-7:35)
- The emails. Weird, as usual. (8:15-29:45)
- The music: feat. Get Pure, the new album from MOUNT CARMEL. (30:30-32:30)
- The baseball talk (32:30-1:02:20)
- The musical advice: the vagaries of record-label contracts, sales, reissues, and the like. (1:03:05-1:13:40)
- The self-promotion (1:13:40-1:17:55)
- The farewell
Wed, 2 April 2014
Yeah, this podcast is dedicated to all the teachers that told us we'd never get past episode fitty. It's all good, baby baby.
- It was all a dream: Not Jose Mota welcomes back the baseall season (0:00-7:12)
- We used to read your crazy-ass emails (7:45-28:45)
- Salt and Pepa and Animals as Leaders up in the limousine (29:2-34:15)
- Every Wednesday night, Evan Funk Davies, not Marley Marl (34:15-53:55)
- Baseball talk til my tape popped (54:42-1:20:11)
And if you don't know, now you know...
Fri, 21 March 2014
We're back after yet another li'l break. Sometimes life just happens, y'know?
- The open feat. Dick Talk (0:00-6:40)
- Canada-free emails (7:15-30:00)
- Musical guest: DEAD RIDER (30:45-34:35)
- Baseball talk! (34:35-1:02:20)
- Musical advice (1:03:05-1:26:05)
- See you next time! Thank you!
Direct download: PRODcast_73_-_Ricardo_Rincon_AKA_Dick_Corner_and_the_Death_of_the_UCL.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:00 AM
Tue, 4 March 2014
In honor of Carlton Fisk, we bring you what may be our shortest episode ever! We hope you enjoy it.
Also, we love Hunter Harvey now.
- The open (:27-5:00)
- The emails. (5:40-39:38) Wanna email us?? email@example.com!
- The musical guest: BEARCUBBIN' (41:00-44:48)
- The baseball talk (44:48-1:02:40)
- Spring training, Puig Destroyer, book proposals, and fares well (1:03:10-1:14:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_72_-_Carlton_Fisk_Captain_of_the_Fun_Police.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 4:08 AM
Fri, 21 February 2014
YOU GUYS. IT'S ALMOST BASEBALL. So we made a show for you. Here's how it went.
-Open (0:00- 3:45)
-Emails from Canadians (4:15-23:25)
-Musical Guest: VULGAR TRADE (24:15-25:50)
-Human Guest: Will Sharp, pro scout with the Houston Astros (25:50-1:09:00)
-Baseball Things! (1:09:55)
-Musical Advice: How does someone who's never played an instrument start in adulthood? (1:25:30-1:30:20)
-What’s Next? BP annual, Puig Destroyer write about baseball for Decibel, spring training trips... (1:30:20-1:37:20)
Direct download: PRODcast_71_-_Gonzalez_German_Germens_Germane_Germing.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 2:58 AM
Thu, 6 February 2014
Clever intro goes here.
- Open (0:30-3:30)
- Emails (4:00-28:00)
- Musical guest: DAUGHTERS (28:30-33:00)
- Human guest: Sarah Colonna (33:00-1:03:00)
- Baseball talk! (1:03:25-1:19:10)
- Musical advice: re. artists you follow and trailblazers who don't get the credit they deserve (1:20:00-1:33:30)
- What's coming up: BP Annual and Puig Destroyer (1:33:30-1:37:00)
- If you made it this far, thanks!
Direct download: PRODcast_70_-_George_Kontos_has_the_worst_birthdays.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 3:30 AM
Mon, 20 January 2014
Sixty-nine, get it? Heh heh.
This is our Dekalb, IL-themed show. We've got music from WEEKEND NACHOS and an interview with the late, great Kevin Goldstein. We cordially invite you to listen.
- Musical guest: WEEKEND NACHOS
- Spectral humanoid interview: Houston Astros' Director, Pro Scouting Kevin Goldstein
- Baseball stuff!
- Musical advice! Great questions, questionable answers
Thu, 9 January 2014
Hey, happy new year! There's still no baseball though, so we have another lackluster show for you. Just kidding, all of our shows are lackluster!
But here's how it went.
- The open
- The emails
- The music: CAPSULE
- Those crazy Cespedes Family Barbecue kids!
- The baseball talk: really just us yelling about the Halll of Fame, you can probably skip this part
- The farewell
Thanks for your continued support during the horrible long winter that is no baseball.
Thu, 19 December 2013
GREETZ, PEEPZ. We have a fantastical episode for you. Whether you like music and baseball, or baseball and music, there's something for every one! Here's how it breaks down:
- The open, where we open
- The emails, where crazy people write to us and we read what they wrote
- ... which is relevant because Keith Law is our guest this week. He talks baseball and music and past, present, and future with us.
- Then there's the baseball talk:
- Music Talk: Instead of advice, this episode we disgust our top 10 records of the year. There's some convergence and some of whatever the other thing would be.
- Then there are the sad goodbyes until next calendar year! Thank you for everything.
Direct download: PRODcast_67_-_Mike_Zagurski_Is_a_Professional_Athlete.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:56 AM