Tue, 4 March 2014
In honor of Carlton Fisk, we bring you what may be our shortest episode ever! We hope you enjoy it.
Also, we love Hunter Harvey now.
- The open (:27-5:00)
- The emails. (5:40-39:38) Wanna email us?? firstname.lastname@example.org!
- The musical guest: BEARCUBBIN' (41:00-44:48)
- The baseball talk (44:48-1:02:40)
- Spring training, Puig Destroyer, book proposals, and fares well (1:03:10-1:14:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_72_-_Carlton_Fisk_Captain_of_the_Fun_Police.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 4:08 AM
Fri, 21 February 2014
YOU GUYS. IT'S ALMOST BASEBALL. So we made a show for you. Here's how it went.
-Open (0:00- 3:45)
-Emails from Canadians (4:15-23:25)
-Musical Guest: VULGAR TRADE (24:15-25:50)
-Human Guest: Will Sharp, pro scout with the Houston Astros (25:50-1:09:00)
-Baseball Things! (1:09:55)
-Musical Advice: How does someone who's never played an instrument start in adulthood? (1:25:30-1:30:20)
-What’s Next? BP annual, Puig Destroyer write about baseball for Decibel, spring training trips... (1:30:20-1:37:20)
Direct download: PRODcast_71_-_Gonzalez_German_Germens_Germane_Germing.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 2:58 AM
Thu, 6 February 2014
Clever intro goes here.
- Open (0:30-3:30)
- Emails (4:00-28:00)
- Musical guest: DAUGHTERS (28:30-33:00)
- Human guest: Sarah Colonna (33:00-1:03:00)
- Baseball talk! (1:03:25-1:19:10)
- Musical advice: re. artists you follow and trailblazers who don't get the credit they deserve (1:20:00-1:33:30)
- What's coming up: BP Annual and Puig Destroyer (1:33:30-1:37:00)
- If you made it this far, thanks!
Direct download: PRODcast_70_-_George_Kontos_has_the_worst_birthdays.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 3:30 AM
Mon, 20 January 2014
Sixty-nine, get it? Heh heh.
This is our Dekalb, IL-themed show. We've got music from WEEKEND NACHOS and an interview with the late, great Kevin Goldstein. We cordially invite you to listen.
- Musical guest: WEEKEND NACHOS
- Spectral humanoid interview: Houston Astros' Director, Pro Scouting Kevin Goldstein
- Baseball stuff!
- Musical advice! Great questions, questionable answers
Thu, 9 January 2014
Hey, happy new year! There's still no baseball though, so we have another lackluster show for you. Just kidding, all of our shows are lackluster!
But here's how it went.
- The open
- The emails
- The music: CAPSULE
- Those crazy Cespedes Family Barbecue kids!
- The baseball talk: really just us yelling about the Halll of Fame, you can probably skip this part
- The farewell
Thanks for your continued support during the horrible long winter that is no baseball.
Thu, 19 December 2013
GREETZ, PEEPZ. We have a fantastical episode for you. Whether you like music and baseball, or baseball and music, there's something for every one! Here's how it breaks down:
- The open, where we open
- The emails, where crazy people write to us and we read what they wrote
- ... which is relevant because Keith Law is our guest this week. He talks baseball and music and past, present, and future with us.
- Then there's the baseball talk:
- Music Talk: Instead of advice, this episode we disgust our top 10 records of the year. There's some convergence and some of whatever the other thing would be.
- Then there are the sad goodbyes until next calendar year! Thank you for everything.
Direct download: PRODcast_67_-_Mike_Zagurski_Is_a_Professional_Athlete.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:56 AM
Wed, 11 December 2013
The lord giveth, and then she taketh away. We had hoped PRODcast 66 would be a joyous occasion during which we would celebrate the achievements of Yasiel Puig and also his recent 23rd birthday. But it turns out today is a day that will live in infamy, as our favorite baseballing player, Mike Trumbo, was traded from the Angles to the Diamondbags. It is with a heavy heart that we bring you this progrum.
Without further ado, though:
-Emails from Canadian lunatics
-Musical guest: PUIG DESTROYER
-Disembodied human vocal guest: Marc of USS Mariner
-Hot Stove Stuff:
-What's next: Riley's impending relocation to the Phoenix area, Ian working on BP Annual et c.
Direct download: PRODcast_66_-_Yasiel_Puig_Destroyer_of_Baseballs.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:57 AM
Wed, 27 November 2013
We're back, even though baseball is not! Here's a show.
- Emails from not-Canada
- Musical guest: MUTOID MAN
- Baseball stuff: Hot's Tove discussion
- Musical advice: How do I 2-piece rock band?
- What's next: Puig Destroyer et c.
As always, thanks for writing, listening, following, etc.
Direct download: PRODcast_65_-_Phil_Hughes_Replacement_Level_Blues.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:52 AM
Wed, 6 November 2013
Pretty chill show. Just two guys who love baseball -- and each other -- talking about baseball. And each other.
-You're (you are) emails
- The musical guest: BEASTMILK
- Baseball chatta
- Teh outro -- ttfn!
Wed, 23 October 2013
Hey, we're back! Did you miss us?
It's the based ball played offs and what not! The Whirled Series, even. Without further ado:
- The open, where we describe what will happen
- The emails, where we read what insane people send us
- The musical guest: MEEK IS MURDER
- The baseball guest: Matthew Kory
- Musical advice, wherein we offer musical advice
- Goodbye, where we say goodbye
Direct download: PRODcast_63_-_Kevin_Gregg_Rafael_Betancourt_or_Justin_Mastersons_Whooziwhatzit.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:01 AM