Tue, 29 April 2014
… and the bartender says, “Here’s your DFA. See ya.”
(It's funny because it's true.)
Some items of business:
- We ask that you please rate and review the show on iTunes, whether or not you listen to it via iTunes. Please.
Now, on to the show!
- First comes the open, where we babble. (0:00-5:01)
- Then come the emails, where you babble. (5:39-30:26)
- After that are the baseball things! (36:13-1:10:36)
- The musical advice happens here, but it's less an advice request and more of, y'know, just a question. What are the first and last albums listed alphabetically in your iTunes? (1:11:21-1:25:33)
- And then the farewell. Bye!
Direct download: PRODcast_78_Blaine_Boyer__Guillermo_Rodriguez_and_Justin_Thomas_Walk_Into_A_Bar.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 9:09am PDT
Tue, 22 April 2014
Good stuff this week (as opposed to what we normally offer you). Let's get right to it.
- Open (0:00-4:40)
- Emails (5:25-28:35)
- Human guest: Mark Simon of ESPN Stats & Info and ESPNNY.com (34:43-49:12)
- Baseball talk (49:50-1:21:55)
- Riley is going to run a half-marathon, like a moron. Please consider supporting him! (1:22:43-1:28:52)
Tue, 15 April 2014
We made a thing and put it inside a cat and shot it out onto the internet!
Also, this (via The Big Lead):
But the show!
- Open (0:00-3:37)
-Baseball stuff: (48:40-1:14:55)
- Musical advice question: The necessary evil of band names (1:15:30-
- KWC show debrief and other stuff (1:23:30-1:29:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_76_-_Mike_Koploves_Olympic_Bronze_Medal_Is_Probably_for_Sale.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 7:00pm PDT
Tue, 8 April 2014
We're back to a weekly schedule because baseball is back! The Lord giveth and then she taketh away, or something.
In other, less painful (we hope) audio news, here is a prawncats!
- The open (0:00-7:35)
- The emails. Weird, as usual. (8:15-29:45)
- The music: feat. Get Pure, the new album from MOUNT CARMEL. (30:30-32:30)
- The baseball talk (32:30-1:02:20)
- The musical advice: the vagaries of record-label contracts, sales, reissues, and the like. (1:03:05-1:13:40)
- The self-promotion (1:13:40-1:17:55)
- The farewell
Tue, 1 April 2014
Yeah, this podcast is dedicated to all the teachers that told us we'd never get past episode fitty. It's all good, baby baby.
- It was all a dream: Not Jose Mota welcomes back the baseall season (0:00-7:12)
- We used to read your crazy-ass emails (7:45-28:45)
- Salt and Pepa and Animals as Leaders up in the limousine (29:2-34:15)
- Every Wednesday night, Evan Funk Davies, not Marley Marl (34:15-53:55)
- Baseball talk til my tape popped (54:42-1:20:11)
And if you don't know, now you know...