Mon, 9 March 2015
Quick and dirty episode for you this week. Here it go:
- The open (0:00-2:12)
- EMAILS (5:35-20:10)
- A belated HOT TAKE (20:10-24:10)
- Baseball stuff! (24:50-43:55)
- Musical advice: Band names that evoke their music? Bonus baseball question: Acceptable jersey/shirsey wearing? (44:35-55:20)
- Old school player of the week: LEE MOTHERFUCKIN’ TUNNELL (55:20-1:03:20)
80 DADHAT, 80 DADGLASSES, 55 BEARD, 30 CHIN, 70 DORKBUILD
Quite possibly the beta version of Eric Sogard
Pitched six years in the bigs with the Pirates, Cards & Twins as a starter and reliever. 22-28, 4.23 ERA, 1.477 WHIP. He was also busted for soliciting an internet prostitute, and being an outspoken advocate for Christianity. WHOOPS.
Comps are nobody you’ve ever heard of, but some plus-plus-names including …
Yank Terry (977)
Dutch Levsen (973)
Doyle Lade (973)
Bert Husting (971)
Al Santorini (971)
Direct download: PRODcast_103_-_Tommy_John_Gone_Done_Did_It_Again.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:18pm PDT
Mon, 23 February 2015
(0:00-3:30) The open
(9:20-14:47) The Pipin'-Hot Take of the Week: Mat Latos, Kind of a Dick.
(15:30-35:45) We Read from the Electronic Mail Sac
(36:20-56:10) The Baseball Blather
(56:10-1:01:11) The Old School Player of the Week: WARREN BRUSSTAR
Gaze upon his holy visage.
Brusstar played nine seasons with the Phillies, White Sox and Cubs as a reliever. 28-16, w/ a 3.51 ERA, 14 saves, 1.360 WHIP. He was drafted four (!) times, has an incredible merm, a 70-grade scowl, 70-grade DADHAT, and a serious plustache.
Mon, 9 February 2015
Welllllll... this one is a littl rough around the edges, like a feral cat or a fringe-y prospect. But hang with it and we're sure you'll see the upside. Behold, it's PRODcast 101: The Other One with Woj!
0:00-2:50 -- The open
7:10-13:45 -- The pipin' hot take: Leave college baseball's balls alone.
14:20-24:00 -- Your emails
24:00-54:25 -- Jason Wojciehowski, co-editor of the Baseball Prospectus Annual, A’s ESPN Sweet Spot Blogger, co-host of the Back Of The Bullpen podcast, Lawyer, owner of several ties.
55:00-1:13:38 Baseball blather!
1:14:10-1:17:10 -- Not Jose Mota's Skymall Item of the Week: An exclsuive of the Productive Outs PRODcast. This week: The Giant Male Silverback Gorilla Statue
1:17:10-1:20:30 -- The Old-School Player of the Week: Nino Espinosa
80 DADHAT, 80 AFRO, 70 STACHE, ZERO FUCKS GIVEN
RHP - 8 years in the bigs with the Mets, Phillies and Blue Jays from 1974 to 1981. Career record of 44-55, ERA of 4.17, WHIP of 1.362. Comps: Bob Milacki and John Lannan.
THANKS FER LISSNIN'!
Mon, 26 January 2015
The long-awaited, moderately outated, almost certainly hated PRODcast 100 for your earholes!
We're shooting for a shorter, tighter show in 2015 and this here's the maiden voyage. It goes like this:
(0:00-3:50) The intro!
(7:50-13:30) The Pipin' Hot Take: Rob Manfred's proposal to outlaw the shift.
(13:10-32:05) Your emails.
(32:45-57:03) The baseball blather:
(57:40-1:03:00) Ask a Musician: Should a band attempt to continue once it's lost a founding member/frontperson?
(1:03:00-1:08:40) We are joined by a Very Special Guest!
(1:08:40-1:13:03) Wherein we profess our love for Rowland Office and bid you a fond farewell.
Please subscribe on iTunes and stitcher, and rate and review us! Thanks for your kind indulgence.
Direct download: PRODcast_100_-_We_Didnt_Get_Hired_by_Major_League_Teams.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:58pm PDT
Mon, 10 November 2014
99! That's one less than 100. So ot long until we both get hired by major league clubs. This is gonna be great!
But first, here's Manny's finest hour:
And the box score for same -- no error assessed on the play!
Today's show goes like this:
- Open (0:00-6:35)
- Emails (7:30-25:50)
- Musical guest: Run the Jewels. Buy Run the Jewels 2 here. (26:33-29:50)
- The baseball stuff: (29:50-55:20)
- Musical advice (56:15-1:05:20)
- Ideating on PRODcast 100, and we solicit your input (1:05:20-1:07:10)
Mon, 20 October 2014
OMG it's the Whirled Serious Preview Edition! Yahoo Seriou starts tomorrow, or maybe it's already over! We have no way of knowing when you're reading this!
- Open (0:00-6:20)
- Emails (7:00-21:35)
- Based ball topics! 51:53-1:17:00)
- Only two more episodes to 100. Which of us will get hired by an MLB club first?
Tue, 14 October 2014
- Open (0:00-6:50)
- Emails (7:35-20:45)
- The baseball talk (24:15-55:35)
- Musical advice: What does a tech actually do? (with bonus boner talk!) (56:20-1:12:45)
Wed, 8 October 2014
It's Championshp Series time! Can you feel the excitement? NO?? Well, hopefully this podcast will help.
Or take one of the many boner pills advertiesd during the games. Maybe you've got low T.
But now, on with the show!
- Open (0:00-7:45)
- Emails (8:25-26:30)
- The baseball talks: (51:14-1:17:26)
- And we out. 1:18:00-1:22:06)
Direct download: PRODcast_96_-_Mac_Suzuki_Was_a_Baseball_Player.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:26pm PDT
Tue, 30 September 2014
Short and sweet this week, kids. Short and sweet.
- Open: Takahito Nomura and Glidden paint: both are awful (0:00-5:58)
- Emails: one of the best email segments we've ever had, maybe. (6:42-19:20)
- The baseball things: (22:06-39:23)
- Musical advice question: Riley and Ian begrudgingly recount their time in bands in the '90s and 2000s (40:48-51:31)
- See you next week!
Tue, 16 September 2014
We're 94 episodes into this thing, and we thought we shold finally make an effort. Tune in and see if you can tell!
- Open (0:00-8:40)
- Emails 9:18-36:02)
- Human guest: Andy McCullough, Royals beat writer for the Kansas City Star. (40:00-
- The baseball things!
- Puig Destroyer news! Check out our sweet shirts! (
Direct download: PRODcast209420-20Strikes20Are20Horrible20and20We20Should20Not20Have20Them.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:12pm PDT