Wed, 11 December 2013
The lord giveth, and then she taketh away. We had hoped PRODcast 66 would be a joyous occasion during which we would celebrate the achievements of Yasiel Puig and also his recent 23rd birthday. But it turns out today is a day that will live in infamy, as our favorite baseballing player, Mike Trumbo, was traded from the Angles to the Diamondbags. It is with a heavy heart that we bring you this progrum.
Without further ado, though:
-Emails from Canadian lunatics
-Musical guest: PUIG DESTROYER
-Disembodied human vocal guest: Marc of USS Mariner
-Hot Stove Stuff:
-What's next: Riley's impending relocation to the Phoenix area, Ian working on BP Annual et c.
Direct download: PRODcast_66_-_Yasiel_Puig_Destroyer_of_Baseballs.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:57 AM
Wed, 27 November 2013
We're back, even though baseball is not! Here's a show.
- Emails from not-Canada
- Musical guest: MUTOID MAN
- Baseball stuff: Hot's Tove discussion
- Musical advice: How do I 2-piece rock band?
- What's next: Puig Destroyer et c.
As always, thanks for writing, listening, following, etc.
Direct download: PRODcast_65_-_Phil_Hughes_Replacement_Level_Blues.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:52 AM
Wed, 6 November 2013
Pretty chill show. Just two guys who love baseball -- and each other -- talking about baseball. And each other.
-You're (you are) emails
- The musical guest: BEASTMILK
- Baseball chatta
- Teh outro -- ttfn!
Wed, 23 October 2013
Hey, we're back! Did you miss us?
It's the based ball played offs and what not! The Whirled Series, even. Without further ado:
- The open, where we describe what will happen
- The emails, where we read what insane people send us
- The musical guest: MEEK IS MURDER
- The baseball guest: Matthew Kory
- Musical advice, wherein we offer musical advice
- Goodbye, where we say goodbye
Direct download: PRODcast_63_-_Kevin_Gregg_Rafael_Betancourt_or_Justin_Mastersons_Whooziwhatzit.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:01 AM
Thu, 3 October 2013
Went guest-free because there was entirely TOO MUCH STUFF to discuss. Hope you enjoy!
- Musical guest: POWER TRIP
The Hunter Pence contract
- Pettite’s Farewell
- The AL Wild Card Play-In
- Jolly Roger: raised!
- Playoff Predictions (because they’re dumb and always wrong)
- What’s next for our Giants and Angels?
- Skip in center!
- Musical advice: When the music hurts :'(
- Farewells and weddings and such
Direct download: PRODcast_62_-_Scot_Shields_Would_Like_To_Buy_A_T.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:14 AM
Tue, 24 September 2013
We are SUPER-STOKED about this episode. You'll see why in a minute.
1. THE OPEN. The thing at the beginning.
2. THE EMAILS. Where we read the rantings of lunatics to you.
3. THE MUSICAL AND THE HUMAN GUEST ARE ONE: Ben Sharp of CLOUDKICKER. (This is why we're stoked.)
4. THE BASEBALL PART
5. THE GOODBYE.
Direct download: PRODcast_61_-_Roger_Maris_Record_That_Should_Probably_Still_Be_A_Record.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:53 AM
Wed, 18 September 2013
It would appear that only six MLB players have ever worn #60 on purpose, and they are: Scott Schoenweis (12 years), Dave Heaverlo (7 years), Manny Corpas (7 years), Rauch (5 years), Todd Coffey (5 years) Rocky Biddle (5 years) … a few at 4 and 3, but probably on accident.
Dick Allen (who wore the number in 1977 as a member of the A’s) is the career bWAR leader amongst #60s, with 58.74. Former Giant Matt Williams wore #60 in 1987. No baseball player will ever hit 60 home runs again*.
IN OTHER NEWS.... we make podcast for you, yes?
Musical guest: JULIE RUIN
Interview personage: Matthew Leach of MLB.com
Kinda bummed there aren’t more close playoff races.
AL Wild Card is shaping up to be a mess.
Are the Nationals trying to be important? We already gave up.
GODDAMNIT Nick Punto. http://bit.ly/16eKHUI
MiLB Playoffs: Do they matter? Are they indicative of system strength? (Astros, Angels)
A few thoughts on last night’s Angels beatdown
Wladimir Balentien breaking the NPB HR record?
Musical advice: How do you deal with the inevitable "musical differences"?
Direct download: PRODcast_60_-_Jon_Rauchs_Seriously_Subpar_Shattoos_and_Burgeoning_Bonanza_of_Back_Hair.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:10 AM
Wed, 11 September 2013
Hershiser was amazing.
That said, here is a podcast for your brain. Apply liberally, as needed for existential pain.
Direct download: PRODcast_59_-_Orel_Hershisers_Scoreless_Innings_Streak.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:56 AM
Thu, 5 September 2013
I know we say this a lot, but this is a great show! It goes like this.
- Emails from Canadians
- Musical guest: RED HARE
- An intimate interview with Babe Handegg
- Baseball things: Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Pirates, and how do you choose for whom to root once your "real" rooting interest is gone?
- Musical advice: sup wit this this Canadian foreign worker bullshit?
- Riley's getting married and Ian's writing about baseball
- Aloha, Mr. Hand
Direct download: PRODcast_58_-_Bill_Hayes_Bill_Haze_Bill_Heys_Bill_Hazed_Bill_Hays_Billed.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:20 AM
Wed, 28 August 2013
GREETINGS, CONSUMER. We have an adequate episode for you today. It consists of:
Thank you for your indulgence, and for putting up with our technical difficulties! We love you deeply.