Mon, 10 November 2014
99! That's one less than 100. So ot long until we both get hired by major league clubs. This is gonna be great!
But first, here's Manny's finest hour:
And the box score for same -- no error assessed on the play!
Today's show goes like this:
- Open (0:00-6:35)
- Emails (7:30-25:50)
- Musical guest: Run the Jewels. Buy Run the Jewels 2 here. (26:33-29:50)
- The baseball stuff: (29:50-55:20)
- Musical advice (56:15-1:05:20)
- Ideating on PRODcast 100, and we solicit your input (1:05:20-1:07:10)
Mon, 20 October 2014
OMG it's the Whirled Serious Preview Edition! Yahoo Seriou starts tomorrow, or maybe it's already over! We have no way of knowing when you're reading this!
- Open (0:00-6:20)
- Emails (7:00-21:35)
- Based ball topics! 51:53-1:17:00)
- Only two more episodes to 100. Which of us will get hired by an MLB club first?
Tue, 14 October 2014
- Open (0:00-6:50)
- Emails (7:35-20:45)
- The baseball talk (24:15-55:35)
- Musical advice: What does a tech actually do? (with bonus boner talk!) (56:20-1:12:45)
Wed, 8 October 2014
It's Championshp Series time! Can you feel the excitement? NO?? Well, hopefully this podcast will help.
Or take one of the many boner pills advertiesd during the games. Maybe you've got low T.
But now, on with the show!
- Open (0:00-7:45)
- Emails (8:25-26:30)
- The baseball talks: (51:14-1:17:26)
- And we out. 1:18:00-1:22:06)
Direct download: PRODcast_96_-_Mac_Suzuki_Was_a_Baseball_Player.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:26pm PDT
Tue, 30 September 2014
Short and sweet this week, kids. Short and sweet.
- Open: Takahito Nomura and Glidden paint: both are awful (0:00-5:58)
- Emails: one of the best email segments we've ever had, maybe. (6:42-19:20)
- The baseball things: (22:06-39:23)
- Musical advice question: Riley and Ian begrudgingly recount their time in bands in the '90s and 2000s (40:48-51:31)
- See you next week!
Tue, 16 September 2014
We're 94 episodes into this thing, and we thought we shold finally make an effort. Tune in and see if you can tell!
- Open (0:00-8:40)
- Emails 9:18-36:02)
- Human guest: Andy McCullough, Royals beat writer for the Kansas City Star. (40:00-
- The baseball things!
- Puig Destroyer news! Check out our sweet shirts! (
Direct download: PRODcast209420-20Strikes20Are20Horrible20and20We20Should20Not20Have20Them.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:12pm PDT
Tue, 9 September 2014
103 wins and no postesedason berth. That hardly seems fair.
- Open (0:00-7:15)
- Emails (7:47-27:20)
- Baseball things:
- Musical advice: Where does the "palying it live" consideration come in the writing process?
- Au revoir
Direct download: PRODcast_93_-_When_Being_Good_Wasnt_Good_Enough.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 8:29pm PDT
Wed, 3 September 2014
GAZE AT ITS LUSTROUS GLORY
Here's the show:
- Open (0:00-7:05)
- Emails (7:45-24:45)
- The baseball things! (53:38-1:19:26)
- Puig Destroyer news and a quick wrap-up. (1:20:11-1:23:43)
Thanks for listenin'!
Direct download: PRODcast_92_-_Dennis_Eckersleys_Feathered_Hair_Helmet.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 8:32pm PDT
Wed, 27 August 2014
There he is, our Lord and Savior: Minor League Guy! Everything we do -- including this episode -- we do in his name.
Here's what we've got:
- The open (0:00-3:15)
- Your crazy emails (3:55-25:30)
- The baseball talk! (29:30-51:52)
- Musical advice x 2: (52:45-1:05:10)
- The week(s) in review: Puig Destroyer stuff and Ian's vacation rundown. We won't be hurt if you skip this part. (1:05:10-1:13:20)
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Tue, 5 August 2014
Quick show before both of us take off for vacation and/or work. Please consume and enjoy!
- Open: Managing expectations (0:00-4:04)
- Emails: Short, sweet, and very good. (You guys, not us.) (4:51-20:33)
- Baseball talk: (27:10-49:26)
- Music and baseball question: "having a" vs. "playing" catch and what goes into sequencing an album? (50:15-1:02:25)
- Puig Destroyer non-updates and TTFN! (1:02:25-1:09:40)
Direct download: PRODcast_90_-_Theres_a_Base_at_the_End_of_This.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 7:59pm PDT
Tue, 29 July 2014
Yes, we've run out of player numbers to reference. But we've made up for it with a really solid podcast. Read on...
- The open (0:00-7:15)
- Your emails (8:08-30:13)
- The musical-baseball human guest: Doug Miller of MLB.com (35:35-1:03:55)
- Baseball talk! (1:04:40-1:31:25)
- Bye! (1:31:25-1:32:41)
Tue, 22 July 2014
Ice is back with a brand-new invention: PRODcast 88!
- Open (0:00-3:30)
- Emails (4:05-28:50)
- Baseball things (34:10-1:04:10)
- Musical advice but not really: Gilead Fest/tour recap, and Bob Uecker: An Appreciation (1:04:50-1:17:30)
Direct download: PRODcast_88_-_Hello_We_Ordered_A_Frank_Thomas_and_Got_A_Kyle_Blanks_Instead.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 7:46pm PDT
Tue, 8 July 2014
Dan Otero was literally just claimed off waivers and then released. Oh, look -- it happened again! Whoops, the A's just claimed and released him. Look it up. It's true!
Here is our show for the week of 7/7/2014. We hope you enjoy it!
- Open. If we all wish real hard, Dan Otero will become a real boy! (0:00-5:37)
- Emails. Crazy people, the lot of you. (6:20-25:38)
- Combination musical and baseballish guest: Josh Kantor (26:22-46:26)
- Baseball things (46:48-1:16:12)
- What's next: a brief KWC tour and a fond farewell (for now) (1:16:12-1:20:00)
EPISODE ERRATA, Ruben Rivera edition
Direct download: PRODcast_87_-_Dan_Otero_Was_Just_Claimed_Off_Waivers.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 6:56pm PDT
Tue, 1 July 2014
Hello! A short, sweet, guest-free episode for you this week, with baseball, musical advice, and #TRASHDICK for everyone!
- Open (0:00-3:20)
- Emails (4:00-23:50)
- Musical guest: CONVERGE (24:35-32:25)
- Baseball talk: (32:25-58:25)
- Musical advice: What do you think about, and how do you approach/interpret your recorded performances? (59:10-1:08:08)
- Puig Destroyer update and KWC tour (1:08:08-1:11:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_86_-_Not_a_single_baseball_player_has_ever_worn_this_number.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 7:56pm PDT
Tue, 24 June 2014
PRODcast 85 is dedicated to our two patron saints, Lastings Milledge and Tony La Russa. May they both bless you and keep you and may their lights shine upon you forever.
Here's how 85 breaks down:
- Open (0:00-8:00)
- Your wacky emailz (8:45-30:45)
- Human guest: Melissa Lockard of OaklandClubhouse.com (34:00-55:00)
- The baseball things (55:50-1:18:55)
- Puig Destroyer updates (1:21:30-1:26:15)
- Goodbye and thank you for listening!
Direct download: PRODcast_85_-_In_retrospect_Lastings_Milledge_might_have_had_some_makeup_issues.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 6:54pm PDT
Tue, 17 June 2014
Short and sweet this week, kids. Bing bang boom. Still no shortage of great #content, with our unique based ball inight accompanied by the mellifluous strains of ILLUSTRATIONS.
- The open: memories of a young, portly Prince, enveloped in Zubazity. (0:00-4:05)
- The emails. Y'all crazy. (4:40-22:55)
- The baseball things: (26:26-50:20)
- Musical advice: what the hell is Ian's problem with Guided by Voices, and the fine line of fidelity (51:00-1:00:00)
- Puig Destroyer updates and TTFN (1:00:00-1:03:02)
Tue, 10 June 2014
Super excited for this one, which is basically just Riley and Ian talking for almost 2 hours about how great Eric Gagne was.
Nah, just kidding, the was a giant tool! But we do have other great stuff for you, including:
- The open (0:00-5:23)
- The emails (5:51-29:31)
- The musical guest: FUCKED UP. (30:10-33:45)
- The human guest: Justin Halpern (33:45-1:04:13)
- The baseball stuff: (1:04:47-1:38:52)
- The li'l KWC tour report (1:39:30-1:47:36)
See you next week!
Direct download: PRODcast_83_-_What_was_Eric_Gagnes_deal_anyway.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 6:58pm PDT
Tue, 27 May 2014
John. Paul. Lazor. You can only DREAM of having a name that awesome!
Today's show is dedicated to his illustrious name and lackluster career. It goes like this.
- The open, wherein we talk about stuff (0:00-4:00)
- The emails, wherein we read yours (4:45-34:35)
- Baseball things! (38:10-1:07:30)
- Musical advice: Starting a baseball-themed band. Hmm, I think we might have some advice for you! (1:08:05-1:17:35)
- Up next/goodbye. (1:17:35-1:23:36) Thanks for listening!
Direct download: PRODcast_82_-_Johnny_Lazor_-_Superhero_Pornstar_or_Crappy_Baseballer.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:12pm PDT
Tue, 20 May 2014
We've got an absolutely action-packed show for you. Guardadon't touch that dial!
- The open (0:00-4:03)
- The emails (4:40-25:17)
- The musical guest: Toronoto's own SMARTBOYS (26:00-30:55)
- The human guest: the triumphant return of Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus! (30:55-55:50)
- The baseball stuff: (56:30-1:15:22)
- What's next/farewell (1:16:00-1:20:00)
Thaks for listening! We appreciate it, desperately.
Direct download: PRODcast_81_-_Eddie_Guardado__Guardadoer_of_Leads.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:02pm PDT
Tue, 13 May 2014
Hi, everyone! This is our 80th show. Thanks for all yuor support over the years. If you can, please rate and review us on iTunes. That would be super-sweet.
Here's how PRODcast 80 breaks down:
- Open (0:00-4:00)
- Emails (4:44-29:30)
- Teh baseball tihngs: (35:55-54:11)
- Musical advice: How do you get musicans to notice you?? (54:47-1:03:00)
- Wrap it up, B. (1:03:00-1:05:06)
Direct download: PRODcast_80_-_That_Is_Definitely_Not_Our_Scouting_Grade.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:59pm PDT
Tue, 6 May 2014
How lucky are we that one of the few 79s to ever play the game is absolutely destroying Major League Baseball right now? Answer: very.
Jose Abreu, you guys. He's reeeeeeallllllll good.
And here is the show that bears his number and name!
- The open. We welcome you to the show and wax poetical on Abreu briefly. (0:00-5:00)
- The emails. You people all need psychiatric help. (5:44-29:11)
- The human guest: Matt Sussman of Baseball Prospectus, SB Nation, and elsewhere. I still don't know what curling is. (34:00-52:45)
- Baseball things! (53:24-1:15:25)
- The outro. Bye, y'all! (1:15:25-1:23:08)
Tue, 29 April 2014
… and the bartender says, “Here’s your DFA. See ya.”
(It's funny because it's true.)
Some items of business:
- We ask that you please rate and review the show on iTunes, whether or not you listen to it via iTunes. Please.
Now, on to the show!
- First comes the open, where we babble. (0:00-5:01)
- Then come the emails, where you babble. (5:39-30:26)
- After that are the baseball things! (36:13-1:10:36)
- The musical advice happens here, but it's less an advice request and more of, y'know, just a question. What are the first and last albums listed alphabetically in your iTunes? (1:11:21-1:25:33)
- And then the farewell. Bye!
Direct download: PRODcast_78_Blaine_Boyer__Guillermo_Rodriguez_and_Justin_Thomas_Walk_Into_A_Bar.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 9:09am PDT
Tue, 22 April 2014
Good stuff this week (as opposed to what we normally offer you). Let's get right to it.
- Open (0:00-4:40)
- Emails (5:25-28:35)
- Human guest: Mark Simon of ESPN Stats & Info and ESPNNY.com (34:43-49:12)
- Baseball talk (49:50-1:21:55)
- Riley is going to run a half-marathon, like a moron. Please consider supporting him! (1:22:43-1:28:52)
Tue, 15 April 2014
We made a thing and put it inside a cat and shot it out onto the internet!
Also, this (via The Big Lead):
But the show!
- Open (0:00-3:37)
-Baseball stuff: (48:40-1:14:55)
- Musical advice question: The necessary evil of band names (1:15:30-
- KWC show debrief and other stuff (1:23:30-1:29:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_76_-_Mike_Koploves_Olympic_Bronze_Medal_Is_Probably_for_Sale.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 7:00pm PDT
Tue, 8 April 2014
We're back to a weekly schedule because baseball is back! The Lord giveth and then she taketh away, or something.
In other, less painful (we hope) audio news, here is a prawncats!
- The open (0:00-7:35)
- The emails. Weird, as usual. (8:15-29:45)
- The music: feat. Get Pure, the new album from MOUNT CARMEL. (30:30-32:30)
- The baseball talk (32:30-1:02:20)
- The musical advice: the vagaries of record-label contracts, sales, reissues, and the like. (1:03:05-1:13:40)
- The self-promotion (1:13:40-1:17:55)
- The farewell
Tue, 1 April 2014
Yeah, this podcast is dedicated to all the teachers that told us we'd never get past episode fitty. It's all good, baby baby.
- It was all a dream: Not Jose Mota welcomes back the baseall season (0:00-7:12)
- We used to read your crazy-ass emails (7:45-28:45)
- Salt and Pepa and Animals as Leaders up in the limousine (29:2-34:15)
- Every Wednesday night, Evan Funk Davies, not Marley Marl (34:15-53:55)
- Baseball talk til my tape popped (54:42-1:20:11)
And if you don't know, now you know...
Thu, 20 March 2014
We're back after yet another li'l break. Sometimes life just happens, y'know?
- The open feat. Dick Talk (0:00-6:40)
- Canada-free emails (7:15-30:00)
- Musical guest: DEAD RIDER (30:45-34:35)
- Baseball talk! (34:35-1:02:20)
- Musical advice (1:03:05-1:26:05)
- See you next time! Thank you!
Direct download: PRODcast_73_-_Ricardo_Rincon_AKA_Dick_Corner_and_the_Death_of_the_UCL.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:00pm PDT
Mon, 3 March 2014
In honor of Carlton Fisk, we bring you what may be our shortest episode ever! We hope you enjoy it.
Also, we love Hunter Harvey now.
- The open (:27-5:00)
- The emails. (5:40-39:38) Wanna email us?? firstname.lastname@example.org!
- The musical guest: BEARCUBBIN' (41:00-44:48)
- The baseball talk (44:48-1:02:40)
- Spring training, Puig Destroyer, book proposals, and fares well (1:03:10-1:14:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_72_-_Carlton_Fisk_Captain_of_the_Fun_Police.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 8:08pm PDT
Thu, 20 February 2014
YOU GUYS. IT'S ALMOST BASEBALL. So we made a show for you. Here's how it went.
-Open (0:00- 3:45)
-Emails from Canadians (4:15-23:25)
-Musical Guest: VULGAR TRADE (24:15-25:50)
-Human Guest: Will Sharp, pro scout with the Houston Astros (25:50-1:09:00)
-Baseball Things! (1:09:55)
-Musical Advice: How does someone who's never played an instrument start in adulthood? (1:25:30-1:30:20)
-What’s Next? BP annual, Puig Destroyer write about baseball for Decibel, spring training trips... (1:30:20-1:37:20)
Direct download: PRODcast_71_-_Gonzalez_German_Germens_Germane_Germing.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 6:58pm PDT
Wed, 5 February 2014
Clever intro goes here.
- Open (0:30-3:30)
- Emails (4:00-28:00)
- Musical guest: DAUGHTERS (28:30-33:00)
- Human guest: Sarah Colonna (33:00-1:03:00)
- Baseball talk! (1:03:25-1:19:10)
- Musical advice: re. artists you follow and trailblazers who don't get the credit they deserve (1:20:00-1:33:30)
- What's coming up: BP Annual and Puig Destroyer (1:33:30-1:37:00)
- If you made it this far, thanks!
Direct download: PRODcast_70_-_George_Kontos_has_the_worst_birthdays.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:30pm PDT
Sun, 19 January 2014
Sixty-nine, get it? Heh heh.
This is our Dekalb, IL-themed show. We've got music from WEEKEND NACHOS and an interview with the late, great Kevin Goldstein. We cordially invite you to listen.
- Musical guest: WEEKEND NACHOS
- Spectral humanoid interview: Houston Astros' Director, Pro Scouting Kevin Goldstein
- Baseball stuff!
- Musical advice! Great questions, questionable answers
Wed, 8 January 2014
Hey, happy new year! There's still no baseball though, so we have another lackluster show for you. Just kidding, all of our shows are lackluster!
But here's how it went.
- The open
- The emails
- The music: CAPSULE
- Those crazy Cespedes Family Barbecue kids!
- The baseball talk: really just us yelling about the Halll of Fame, you can probably skip this part
- The farewell
Thanks for your continued support during the horrible long winter that is no baseball.