Tue, 6 May 2014
How lucky are we that one of the few 79s to ever play the game is absolutely destroying Major League Baseball right now? Answer: very.
Jose Abreu, you guys. He's reeeeeeallllllll good.
And here is the show that bears his number and name!
- The open. We welcome you to the show and wax poetical on Abreu briefly. (0:00-5:00)
- The emails. You people all need psychiatric help. (5:44-29:11)
- The human guest: Matt Sussman of Baseball Prospectus, SB Nation, and elsewhere. I still don't know what curling is. (34:00-52:45)
- Baseball things! (53:24-1:15:25)
- The outro. Bye, y'all! (1:15:25-1:23:08)
Tue, 29 April 2014
… and the bartender says, “Here’s your DFA. See ya.”
(It's funny because it's true.)
Some items of business:
- We ask that you please rate and review the show on iTunes, whether or not you listen to it via iTunes. Please.
Now, on to the show!
- First comes the open, where we babble. (0:00-5:01)
- Then come the emails, where you babble. (5:39-30:26)
- After that are the baseball things! (36:13-1:10:36)
- The musical advice happens here, but it's less an advice request and more of, y'know, just a question. What are the first and last albums listed alphabetically in your iTunes? (1:11:21-1:25:33)
- And then the farewell. Bye!
Direct download: PRODcast_78_Blaine_Boyer__Guillermo_Rodriguez_and_Justin_Thomas_Walk_Into_A_Bar.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 9:09am PST
Tue, 22 April 2014
Good stuff this week (as opposed to what we normally offer you). Let's get right to it.
- Open (0:00-4:40)
- Emails (5:25-28:35)
- Human guest: Mark Simon of ESPN Stats & Info and ESPNNY.com (34:43-49:12)
- Baseball talk (49:50-1:21:55)
- Riley is going to run a half-marathon, like a moron. Please consider supporting him! (1:22:43-1:28:52)
Tue, 15 April 2014
We made a thing and put it inside a cat and shot it out onto the internet!
Also, this (via The Big Lead):
But the show!
- Open (0:00-3:37)
-Baseball stuff: (48:40-1:14:55)
- Musical advice question: The necessary evil of band names (1:15:30-
- KWC show debrief and other stuff (1:23:30-1:29:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_76_-_Mike_Koploves_Olympic_Bronze_Medal_Is_Probably_for_Sale.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 7:00pm PST
Tue, 8 April 2014
We're back to a weekly schedule because baseball is back! The Lord giveth and then she taketh away, or something.
In other, less painful (we hope) audio news, here is a prawncats!
- The open (0:00-7:35)
- The emails. Weird, as usual. (8:15-29:45)
- The music: feat. Get Pure, the new album from MOUNT CARMEL. (30:30-32:30)
- The baseball talk (32:30-1:02:20)
- The musical advice: the vagaries of record-label contracts, sales, reissues, and the like. (1:03:05-1:13:40)
- The self-promotion (1:13:40-1:17:55)
- The farewell
Tue, 1 April 2014
Yeah, this podcast is dedicated to all the teachers that told us we'd never get past episode fitty. It's all good, baby baby.
- It was all a dream: Not Jose Mota welcomes back the baseall season (0:00-7:12)
- We used to read your crazy-ass emails (7:45-28:45)
- Salt and Pepa and Animals as Leaders up in the limousine (29:2-34:15)
- Every Wednesday night, Evan Funk Davies, not Marley Marl (34:15-53:55)
- Baseball talk til my tape popped (54:42-1:20:11)
And if you don't know, now you know...
Thu, 20 March 2014
We're back after yet another li'l break. Sometimes life just happens, y'know?
- The open feat. Dick Talk (0:00-6:40)
- Canada-free emails (7:15-30:00)
- Musical guest: DEAD RIDER (30:45-34:35)
- Baseball talk! (34:35-1:02:20)
- Musical advice (1:03:05-1:26:05)
- See you next time! Thank you!
Direct download: PRODcast_73_-_Ricardo_Rincon_AKA_Dick_Corner_and_the_Death_of_the_UCL.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:00pm PST
Mon, 3 March 2014
In honor of Carlton Fisk, we bring you what may be our shortest episode ever! We hope you enjoy it.
Also, we love Hunter Harvey now.
- The open (:27-5:00)
- The emails. (5:40-39:38) Wanna email us?? firstname.lastname@example.org!
- The musical guest: BEARCUBBIN' (41:00-44:48)
- The baseball talk (44:48-1:02:40)
- Spring training, Puig Destroyer, book proposals, and fares well (1:03:10-1:14:00)
Direct download: PRODcast_72_-_Carlton_Fisk_Captain_of_the_Fun_Police.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 8:08pm PST
Thu, 20 February 2014
YOU GUYS. IT'S ALMOST BASEBALL. So we made a show for you. Here's how it went.
-Open (0:00- 3:45)
-Emails from Canadians (4:15-23:25)
-Musical Guest: VULGAR TRADE (24:15-25:50)
-Human Guest: Will Sharp, pro scout with the Houston Astros (25:50-1:09:00)
-Baseball Things! (1:09:55)
-Musical Advice: How does someone who's never played an instrument start in adulthood? (1:25:30-1:30:20)
-What’s Next? BP annual, Puig Destroyer write about baseball for Decibel, spring training trips... (1:30:20-1:37:20)
Direct download: PRODcast_71_-_Gonzalez_German_Germens_Germane_Germing.mp3
Category:Baseball -- posted at: 6:58pm PST
Wed, 5 February 2014
Clever intro goes here.
- Open (0:30-3:30)
- Emails (4:00-28:00)
- Musical guest: DAUGHTERS (28:30-33:00)
- Human guest: Sarah Colonna (33:00-1:03:00)
- Baseball talk! (1:03:25-1:19:10)
- Musical advice: re. artists you follow and trailblazers who don't get the credit they deserve (1:20:00-1:33:30)
- What's coming up: BP Annual and Puig Destroyer (1:33:30-1:37:00)
- If you made it this far, thanks!
Direct download: PRODcast_70_-_George_Kontos_has_the_worst_birthdays.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:30pm PST